Ten Commandments of Connected Experiences
December 5, 2018
Connected products turn on our lights, adjust our TVs and update the family on the latest news. These connected experiences can be magical when built properly. Too often the experiences between them become frustrating, leaving users unsatisfied and seeking alternative products. Mark Wolfe, a seasoned UX veteran, shares his ten key principles or “commandments” to design across an ecosystem.
These ten commandments provide real world solutions to the many problems designers experience when building experiences crossing the digital and physical environments. From definition and planning to design and development.
– Ability to define and map the connected ecosystem
– User research techniques to better understand the users and their journey
– Guidelines for creating beautiful and consistent experiences across multiple touch points
– Design best practices for the pervasive connected landscape
– Implementation strategies, straddling physical and digital product teams
For nearly 20 years, Mark has designed innovative digital experiences for many of the world’s most recognizable brands. With a passion surrounding design of the connected world, he speaks, teaches and consults around the United States on the intersection of design and technology. From the NBA and Coca-Cola to Delta Airlines his designs are found on numerous connected products and large screen formats including kiosks and OTT devices to chat bots, AI and voice interfaces.
Mark lives in Atlanta, Georgia with his wife, their young daughter and a Sheepadoodle named Theodore Roosevelt.